This Event is FREE!
You may have seen that the Australia has been ravaged by the worst brush fires they’ve seen in decades. Nearly 18 million acres have been burned and 500 million animals have been affected.
Australia needs sewers, and that means us. Luke’s Sewing Center in Elsmere, KY is hosting this event to make the necessary items so desperately needed to care for the affected wildlife.
What We Are Providing:
- 2 Sewing Educators to Assist You and guide the Class
- The Space to Complete the Projects
- Sewing Machines so You Don’t Have to Bring Yours
- Fabric For the Pouches
- Patterns for the Projects
- Irons, Rotary Cutters, Scissors, Cutting Mats for the Fabric
- FREE Lunch, Snacks, and Refreshments for Helpers
What We NEED:
- We need Sewers with some Experience!
- Can’t Sew? We welcome you to Cut Fabric and Iron Projects!
- If you can’t make it and want to donate fabric we’ll use it! We have the requirements listed on our Facebook Event. If you need the list of what’s accepted, send us an email.
We will have limited space and we are hoping for a great turn out from the community so we do ask that you RSVP. This will allow us to make sure we are not over crowded and that we have lunch for all attendees.
Call and Reserve a Spot!
Thank you in advance for your interest and we can’t wait to help Australia!
We are planning several of these events to make different items. This includes dates at our Tri-County Location. Once those dates are set we will share them! We hope to extend this beyond just the needs of the animals and help the people displaced by this mass devastation.